Friday, March 19, 2010

What I learn from my kids


"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." -anonymous

The weather yesterday was wonderful! So after work and picking the kids up at daycare, Gentry and I spent a little time outside. She colored with sidewalk chalk. She would hear a bird and have to "draw" it, then a dog, then she would attempt to draw the heart she had on her shoes. She would make a line and get so excited because she had just drawn something. Then she wanted me to draw the same thing. Well since mine didn't look like hers, she told me mine was wrong!..haha. It doesn't matter that her bird and dogs didn't look anything like a bird or dog, she thought it did, and that was all that mattered. Gentry doesn't have a care in the world. She doesn't know that the world is not that good of a place anymore, that people are getting shot left and right, that children are abused. She is happy! This makes me the happiest person in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment